Tell Congress: Stop the Sneak Attacks on Net Neutrality
A dangerous bill loaded with attacks on the open internet just passed the House.1 Now the bill moves to the Senate — here's what the legislation contains:
1. An attack on the FCC's Net Neutrality rules.
2. A move to delay the FCC's set-top box proceeding, an effort to lower your monthly cable costs and expand the programming choices you have on your devices.
3. A giveaway allowing giant media conglomerates to run multiple TV stations in a given city, which would shut down independent broadcasters and lead to major job losses.
4. An attempt to stop the FCC from protecting the privacy of broadband users.
This is a power grab, plain and simple. A gift basket for industry and a blow to people like you and me.
Tell your member of Congress these attacks are unacceptable: Stop the attacks on Net Neutrality and other FCC reforms.
1. "House GOP Continues Assault on Common-Sense, Pro-Consumer Safeguards for the Internet," July 8, 2016, Free Press: http://www.freepress.net/node/107482